Status could be
- U nder consideration
- T esting
- R eferred back to owner
- I n (linux ARM Wiki U-Boot) Repository
- P ushed (to ARM U-Boot repository)
- C losed (merged in main tree) Deleted from this page after time.
- D eclined (too many objections to just be referred back to owner)
- Remove all externs from .c files - see esp. davinci.
- Remove -msoft-float for all ARM boards/cpus - floating point is deprecated, although the ELDK tools are built with this option.
Code may be built locally with this option to allow local use of floating point.
- The tag start.S::reset is confusing - all to be renamed start_code.
- Files named lowlevel_init.S should contain BOARD initialisation code & be located in the corresponding board directory
There are some under cpu. Any CPU initialisation code should be moved to the cpu_init_crit function in the corresponding cpu start.S file
or the start_code in that file.
- cmc_pu2 && mp2usb use at91 defines ? should they ?
- Recode all
sub rx, rx, #CONSTANT
with regard to possible values of #CONSTANT
- must be 8 bit rotated in 32.
? Provide an ifdef to allow smaller code when constant is acceptable ?
? What expansion will occur if just all coded to allow any value ?
- Consolidate all the arm sizes.h
With the aim of replacing all SZ_xx macros with e.g (xx * 1024 * 1024))
- Use r7 for the gd pointer, rather than r8
- r8 is banked - not available in FIQ handlers without additional code
- r7 fits into Thumb/Thumb-2 instructions
- Future ARM architectures may have similar constraints
- Remove the unused S_R<regnum> defines throughout ARM code
- Exception vectors incorrect in many files
- General timer routines incorrect esp TIMER_LOAD_VAL
- Implement weak, architecture specific, cache functions in lib_arm to allow their removal from various cpu files.
- Implement weak reset_cpu function in lib_arm to allow removal from cpu files.
-- PeterPearse - 20 Mar 2007