- VRTXsa and other proprietary OSes come from one source, whereas Linux bears more resemblance to a toolbox with tools from different sources.
- Get support from knowledgable people you choose yourself - not only from vendor (i.e. take your car to a garage, not to the vendor)
- Linux is supported on large number of systems. Support can not be abandoned because all sources are available.
- Build environment is the same as target environment
- Huge amount of programs available (and protocols supported)
- Very good compiler suite for C/C++ (GCC) (ever traced a compiler bug?)
- Different API (although the Xenomai project aimed at VRTX API emulation)
- Two-level structure, i.e. real-time tasks in kernel space, rest in user space
|4.9. RTAI-Linux (Part Two)||1. Embedded Linux Training course||4.11. Process model with RTAI-Linux (RTHAL)|