Topic TQM8xxLAndPCMCIAWLANCard not in WebOrder
Using a PCMCIA
WLAN Card with a TQM8xxL Board
- What is needed to get a PCMCIA WLAN card running on a TQM8xxL system?
- You need ELDK version 2.0.2 or later; this includes (1) the Linux
kernel source with the required extensions, the PCMCIA Card Service
package with extensions for MPC8xx systems, and the wireless tools
package to control the PCMCIA devices.
To bring up the WLAN card for network operations, the following
actions should be performed (the example output shows card
configuration for a WLAN network controlled by the Access Point
- Starting CardServices? on the target:
bash# /etc/rc.d/init.d/pcmcia start
- Assign the IP address of the WLAN network segment to the WLAN interface:
bash# ifconfig eth1 192.168.2.3
- Assign the Network (or Domain) Name to the WLAN interface:
bash# iwconfig eth1 essid "DENX"
- At this point the Acess Point station MAC address should appear on
bash# iwconfig eth1
eth1 IEEE 802.11-DS ESSID:"DENX" Nickname:"Prism I"
Mode:Managed Frequency:2.462GHz Access Point: 00:02:2D:03:A5:15
Bit Rate:2Mb/s Tx-Power=15 dBm Sensitivity:1/3
Retry min limit:8 RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off
Link Quality:28/92 Signal level:151/153 Noise level:107/153
Rx invalid nwid:0 invalid crypt:0 invalid misc:0
- The card is now ready for normal network operations.