kermit. In most cases you will want to load images into your target using ethernet; for this purpose you need TFTP and DHCP / BOOTP servers. A short description of their configuration is given. A description follows of what needs to be done to configure and build the U-Boot for a specific board, and how to install it and get it working on that board. The configuration, building and installing of Linux in an embedded configuration is the next step. We use SELF, our Simple Embedded Linux Framework, to demonstrate how to set up both a development system (with the root filesystem mounted over NFS) and an embedded target configuration (running from a ramdisk image based on
busybox). This document does not describe what needs to be done to port U-Boot or Linux to a new hardware platform. Instead, it is silently assumed that your board is already supported by U-Boot and Linux. The focus of this document is on canyonlands boards.
Copyright (C) 2003 - 2009 by Detlev Zundel, DENX Software Engineering.
Copyright (C) 2003 - 2009 by contributing authors
You have the freedom to distribute copies of this document in any format or to create a derivative work of it and distribute it provided that you:
- Distribute this document or the derivative work at no charge at all. It is not permitted to sell this document or the derivative work or to include it into any package or distribution that is not freely available to everybody.
- Send your derivative work (in the most suitable format such as sgml) to the author.
- License the derivative work with this same license or use GPL. Include a copyright notice and at least a pointer to the license used.
- Give due credit to previous authors and major contributors.
- HTML http://www.denx.de/wiki/publish/DULG/DULG-canyonlands.html
- plain ASCII text http://www.denx.de/wiki/publish/DULG/DULG-canyonlands.txt
- PostScript European A4 format http://www.denx.de/wiki/publish/DULG/DULG-canyonlands.ps
- PDF European A4 format http://www.denx.de/wiki/publish/DULG/DULG-canyonlands.pdf
|Information requiring special attention||Warning|
|Applications Names||another application|
|Commands to be typed|| a |
|Environment Variables|| |
|Prompt of users command under tcsh shell|| |
|Code Example|| |
|Prompt of users command under bash shell|| |
|Prompt of root users command under bash shell|| |
|1. Abstract||1. Abstract||3. Embedded Linux Development Kit|