mini_fo development page
Bug reports (please add here):
| ID || Description || Status || Posted by |
| 000 || mini_fo fs explodes cdrom during mount (just joking) || closed || Markus |
| 001 || hard links in the base fs are treated as individual files || open || Markus |
| 002 || overwriting a running binary fails (ok) but truncates the binary (bad) || open || Markus |
| 003 || exporting mini_fo with nfs causes trouble. || open || Markus |
The problem is a hack in mini_fo_mmap() in file.c, where vma->vm_file is changed to point to the lower file. First deny_write_access() is called on the mini_fo file, which (correctly) decrements its file->f_dentry->d_inode->i_writecount. But after the switch the lower i_writecount is still zero, what leads to get_write_access() succeeding and the binary beeing truncated.
No easy one.
Ugly: hack to synchronize the i_writecounts of mini_fo and lower inodes.
Properly: implement mini_fo aops to do fan-out.
- Implement full hard link functionality.
- Implement more testcases for testsuite.
- Implement advanced mini_fo_check_dentry etc...
- Implement improved error recovery (in order to possibly allow to change lower files some day)
- Test exporting a mini_fo file system with nfs.
- Test extendend attributes.
Will be put here.
The mini_fo testsuite is a set of bash scripts and programs, that perform various tests on a mini_fo file system. Check the README in the sources to find out how to use it and how to write new tests.
- Implemented "rename file to an existing file" test
- Soft and hard link tests
- Bonnie performance test (not so much to test performance, but to put some pressure on the fs)
- first release of testsuite supporting testing of most basic operations.
- 09 May 2005